Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Fox News' Snow: "Bush Hates ... The Press." Press Secretary Snow: "Bush ... Likes Reporters."

Consider this tidbit from Howard Kurtz's CNN interview with White House Press Secretary Tony Snow:

KURTZ: Listen to this quote: "President Bush hates responding to the press, hates responding to political enemies. He thinks it's beneath him. He's got a stubborn streak." Who said that?

SNOW: I don't know.

KURTZ: You did, last March on Fox News.

SNOW: Did I? Yes, OK.

KURTZ: Does he hate responding to the press?

SNOW: No, actually. ... (H)e actually doesn't hate the press and he likes reporters. He keeps saying, "No, I like reporters."

***

It begs the question: Was Snow merely an anti-media conservative blowhard suck-up then, or is he merely willing to say anything to defend the president now? Of course, both answers could be correct.

Bush likes reporters? Sure, the ones that his administration pays, like Armstrong Williams. And the ones who are Republican Party plants, like Jeff Gannon.

4 Comments:

Anonymous bryant69 said...

He like Reportes who know their place, I would imagine.
And even them he's a little unsure about.

2:26 PM  
Anonymous wtmusic said...

Gannon knows his place and I won't even speculate where that was.

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Nickster said...

Kudos to Howie for pointing out that quote. I have no idea why he did it, but hey I like it.

2:26 PM  
Anonymous whoop4467 said...

Gosh, I hope GWB does not like me. No telling what he might do to me if he liked me as much as he likes reporters!

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares