Sunday, October 22, 2006

Pundits Novak, Cook, Harwood, Broder Predict Democrats Will Regain House

On today's edition of NBC's Meet The Press, four pundits of different political stripes -- conservative columnist Robert Novak, liberal columnist David Broder, the Wall Street Journal's John Harwood, and Charlie Cook of the National Journal -- each predicted that the Democrats would regain control of the House next month.

The Democrats need a net gain of 15 seats to regain control.

NOVAK: If the election were held today, Democrats would gain control of the House of Representatives. ... There’s always a possibility of a wave coming through and, and really getting higher than 20 seats.

COOK: I think we start at 20. I mean, I mean, look, 16 days, obviously, everything could change. I think it’s at least 20 in the House. I think it’s more 25, 30, 35. It, it could go, this could get bad, particularly if Republican turnout really drops.

HARWOOD: My gut tells me 20 is about right, and that in the Senate, maybe five seats for the Democrats, and you end up with 50/50.

BRODER: I think our friends are absolutely on, on, on target. If, if they’re wrong, I think it would be underestimating this wave, not overestimating it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any poll numbers on the Lieberman/Lamont race? Any poll numbers on the Macaca race? Funny, we havent heard about those two races for a while.

7:48 AM  
Anonymous rob of wilmington, del. said...

JABBS actually wrote about Virginia a few days ago, my smarmy anonymous friend.

As for Connecticut, it's an anti-war Democrat against a pro-war Democrat. Lieberman is going to win, but unless he defects to the Republican Party, it won't change the make-up of the Senate -- making it apples-and-oranges with the story above.

11:41 AM  
Anonymous trinity said...

I guess we'll all just have to wait and see. Isn't this exciting? :)

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares