Tuesday, July 26, 2005

And Now For Something Completely Different ...

Today, JABBS introduces "And Now For Something Completely Different."

Some conservative readers say that JABBS is too negative, and that the site needs more good news. This feature tries to address that need. (Of course, JABBS and the conservative noise machine may differ on what constitutes good news.)

And now, for something completely different ...

Sen. Rick Santorum (R-PA) said July 25 that he does not intend to seek the presidency in 2008.

"I have six children ages 4-14. And the idea of coming off a race of the intensity that I am engaged in at this point and turning around and running another two-year campaign for president is not something that I believe is in the best interest of my family," Santorum told the Washington Post.

Recent state polls show Democrat Bob Casey Jr. leading the two-term incumbent.

***

In other words:

"My advisors said I might not win re-election in Pennsylvania, and making a 2008 presidential run ludicrous. I don't want to disappoint my wife and have my kids think I'm a loser. Maybe next time I'll think twice before invoking a Nazi reference (when talking about Democratic filibusters) on the Senate floor."

2 Comments:

Blogger Chandira said...

My local Seattle alternative paper The Stranger, ran a contest some months ago to name something after Santorum, as he's so despicable.. I don't know you well enough to graphically explain what the winning entry was, but EW... It made ME laugh.

4:50 PM  
Blogger andym said...

I hope that you caught Ricky on The Daily Show last night. It was a keeper for sure. He admitted that he thought morality should be legislated. Sweet move, then, not to run in 2008.

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares